Jock itch is caused by a fungus called Trichophyton rubrum. It is a fungal skin infection which is caused by fungus. Usually it affects the skin of inner thighs, genitals, groin area and the buttocks. Usually this fungus grows in the moist and the warm part of the body. It is also famous by the name of Tinea cruris. It causes a lot of discomforts but it is not a serious infection. Mainly men get affected by this problem in comparison to women. Persons who are overweight and who profusely sweat also get infected by this problem.
Usually the fungus which causes jock itch starts to develop in the warm and the moist area. When the moist part of our body becomes too warm so that it starts sweating, then it results into fungus infection known as jock itch. It is also caused by putting on tight clothes and tight undergarments. The tight clothes aggravate the symptoms of this itch. People suffering from AIDS and diabetes have weak immune system so they are more prone to this infection. It is also mildly contagious and any person may get infected if he or she comes in contact with the infected person. If any person is infected with the this problem then avoid sharing his personal belongings. If some one is suffering from some other infection like athlete’s foot then also it may result into the jock itch.
Some of the important symptoms are peeling and cracking of groin skin, burning sensation around the groin area, red, itchy ring shaped rashes and skin becomes more sensitive.
It can be treated with the help of home remedies easily. Some effective home remedies are –
1. Keep the moist and warm part of your body completely dry and clean.
2. Intake of garlic in large quantities can be increased in your food as jock itch is a fungal infection and it will reduce the complication caused by the jock itch. Garlic is full of antifungal qualities so apply garlic on the infected area. You can also apply honey alternate to the application of garlic.
3. Antidandruff shampoo is also effective for this problem. So you can apply this on the affected area.
4. Tea tree oil is a natural antifungal, so you can apply it on the affected area. It is very effective home remedy for jock itch.
5. Avoid eating sugar and the food items which contain yeasts, refined carbohydrates, alcohol, greasy, fried and processed foods. Increase the intake of raw fruits and vegetables in your diet.